Important information and our booking terms and conditions
This section applies to all bookings you make with Anderson Leisure Group Limited.
1. Who your agreement is with. When you book your holiday, your agreement will be with Anderson Leisure Group Limited (“Anderson Leisure”, “Nuddock Wood”, “we”, “us”, “our”). See the bottom of clause 43 for further details. Please read these terms carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. In these terms, references to “you” and “your” include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is added or transferred.
To book your break
2. The agreement. There will be a contract between you and Anderson Leisure, when we send you a booking confirmation. These terms are part of your contract with us. The person making the booking accepts the contract on behalf of all members of your party and is responsible for making sure they accept the contract; and accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all members of the party. We can’t accept bookings from anyone under the age of 18.
3. If you book more than 8 weeks ahead. When you book your holiday, you will need to pay either a deposit or in full. The standard deposit to secure your booking is 10% of the total booking cost.
The balance of your holiday must be paid 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. Details of the balance payable will be in the booking confirmation. If you do not pay the balance for your holiday when it is due, we may treat your holiday as cancelled. Any cancellation will be subject to the cancellation terms set out in clause 38.
4. If you book less than 8 weeks ahead. You must pay the full amount of the holiday at the time of booking. Payment can be made online.
5. Special offers. To claim any special offers, discounts and promotional codes please tell us when you book. If you don’t, we’re sorry we can’t honour these. All discounts, special offers and promotional codes are subject to availability. Holiday vouchers issued by Anderson Leisure are subject to additional terms and conditions – please refer to the communication issuing the voucher and/or the Anderson Leisure website for further details.
6. Who’s in your party. When you book you need to give the names and ages of everyone in your party.
7. VISOR. We do not accept bookings from or allow anyone to stay at Nuddock Wood who is or has been listed on the Violent and Sex Offenders Register (or any register which supersedes this), or anyone who is subject to a Sexual Risk Order, Child Abduction Notice or any similar order, court proceedings or register. By making a booking, you are confirming that no one in your party is or has been on any such register, subject to any such order or otherwise the subject of any such court proceedings. If we do cancel your booking under this clause, you will be subject to the cancellation terms set out in clause 38.
The price of your booking and what is included
The most up to date prices for accommodation are on our website. The price confirmed when you book is the final price and will not change unless you alter your booking*. All prices include VAT and insurance premium tax (where applicable) at the prevailing rate.
9. Pets. Except for registered assistance dogs, there is a charge per week or part of a week per pet. Maximum of 2 pets per accommodation. Supporting documentation to evidence a dog is a registered assistance dog must be available for inspection prior to and during your holiday. If you cannot show that your dog is a registered assistance dog, you will be charged the pet fee. Dogs who are not registered assistance dogs are not permitted in non-pet friendly accommodation.
10. Cots and highchairs. Travel cots and highchairs may be hired at an additional charge, subject to availability. You need to request these when you book. A deposit may be required on arrival. Cots can normally only be accommodated in the living area of holiday homes. You will need to bring your own cot linen.
11. Bed linen. We provide all bed linen other than cot linen for bookings.
What you need to know before you book
12. Guests with additional needs and requirements. If you or one of your party have any additional needs or requirements, please tell us about this before you book so we can try to ensure the accommodation is suitable for you. We rely on the information you provide to allow us to anticipate and satisfy your needs, so if anything changes you need to let us know. We will try to accommodate any special requirements but can’t guarantee this.
13. Groups. Our lodges are for family holidays. We do not allow “party” groups including stag and hen parties. Family and friends who live at the same address or know each other or who travel together will be considered as making a group booking even if they have made separate bookings. Because of the family nature of our lodges there are additional restrictions on group bookings at certain times including over the festive period and peak season so please call our office to ask about these. Due to the popularity of the festive period and peak season we may restrict bookings to past customers. We’ll only accept group bookings if you tell us about them and give us the names and addresses of everyone in your group before you book. The lead booker for a group is responsible for the conduct of the other members of the group and for ensuring they comply with these terms and conditions. We may require the lead booker to provide a deposit as security in the event of any damage by any member of the group. If your behaviour is disruptive to other guests or unacceptable, you will be asked to leave the park and in this event no refund will be given.
14. Holiday use. As our lodges are for holidays, we don’t accept bookings if you want to stay for work or use the lodge as a base to travel to work or for residential use. All adults booked must appear on the electoral roll at the address given when booking or provide other evidence of their permanent address such as a utility bill if requested. You agree that if you fail to provide that evidence to us if requested before your holiday starts or immediately if your holiday has already started, we will cancel your booking. If we do cancel your booking under this clause, you will be subject to the cancellation terms set out in clause 38.
15. Pets. Most dogs are welcome at our lodges but only in pet friendly accommodation. A maximum of two dogs are permitted per booking. Some breeds of dog, including those listed in the Dangerous Dog Act are not allowed so check with us when you book. Please enquire before you book whether other pets are allowed. We accept registered assistance dogs in all of our lodges and in all areas. This means that we can’t guarantee we’ve never had any dogs in any of our accommodation.
On your arrival
16. Who’s in your party. Only those people on your booking can occupy your lodge and anyone not named on your booking will be asked to leave. In these circumstances no refund or compensation will be given. You must bring ID with you as you may be asked for this on arrival or during your stay.
17. Numbers in your party. The total number in your party (including children and babies) must not exceed the maximum capacity of the lodge advertised in. We may refuse holiday bookings for single occupancy.
18. Check-in times. If you have paid a priority arrival charge please check your booking confirmation for the time your lodge will be available. In all other cases your accommodation will be available from 2pm on your arrival day. If you think you may arrive after 2pm please let us know. If your accommodation is not occupied by 10am on the day after your arrival day and you haven’t told us you will be arriving late, we will treat your booking as cancelled and may re-let the accommodation.
When you’re on holiday
19. Children. All children must be supervised by parents or another responsible adult throughout the holiday. Please make sure you always know where your children are.
20. No smoking. All our accommodation is non-smoking, and smoking and use of E-cigarettes are not permitted in any accommodation. If you do smoke in your accommodation, you will be required to pay an additional fee of £80 for deep cleaning. It is against the law to smoke in buildings open to the public and we provide outdoor smoking areas.
21. Pets. Dogs must be kept on a lead under the control of a responsible adult at all times and wear a collar with identity tag. You must clean up after your pet. Pets (other than registered assistance dogs) are not allowed in any facilities or play areas. Pets should not be left unattended in lodges and must not be allowed on bedding or seating. If we think your pet is causing a nuisance or damage you will be required to remove it from the site. If you take a pet into a lodge which is not booked as pet friendly you will be required to pay an additional fee of £80 for the deep cleaning of the accommodation.
22. Use of your holiday home. We have the right to enter your accommodation for maintenance purposes or in special circumstances and in emergencies
23. Your personal possessions. You are responsible for your personal possessions on site or in your lodge and we aren’t responsible for any loss or damage to these. If you leave personal possessions behind at the end of your holiday, we’ll try to return them but are not responsible for them.
24. The site. Our site is in a rural location so there may be areas of uneven ground, unmade paths and limited lighting. Please take special care to avoid accidents. As we are based on a lake with deep water, please supervise children appropriately.
25. Your car and other vehicles. You should comply with speed limits, parking and traffic regulations on site. Vehicles are brought into the site at your risk and we are not responsible for loss or damage to these except where it is caused by our negligence or fault. Quad bikes, segways, hoverboards and similar, pickup and any commercial or working vehicles including large vans aren’t allowed on site. Commercial vehicles will be turned away from the park and in this event no refund will be given. Please note we do not currently have a facility to charge hybrid cars. You are not permitted to charge your car using the holiday home electricity.
26. Behaviour on site. Nuddock Wood is a family holiday park so please ensure your behaviour is appropriate and not noisy, offensive or likely to cause any harm or upset to other guests, staff or property. If we feel your behaviour is illegal, offensive, disruptive or inappropriate or is disturbing other guests we will ask you to leave site and no refund will be given.
27. Filming and photography. We sometimes have TV and other companies filming or taking photographs on park. We will do all we can to ensure you are not disturbed by this. We can’t accept any responsibility or offer any financial award if you do appear in films or photographs.
28. Entry. We reserve the right to refuse you and your party entry to Nuddock Wood, or to ask you and your party to leave, if you or any member of your party breaches any of our terms and conditions and you will not receive any refund. We also reserve the right to refuse you and your party entry to Nuddock Wood, or to ask you and your party to leave, if you or any member of your party has previously been denied entry to or asked to leave Nuddock Wood and in these circumstances, you will not receive any refund.
On your departure
29. Departure time. You should leave your accommodation by 10am on your departure date.
30. Leaving your lodge. At the end of your holiday please leave everything in a clean and tidy condition. You will be required to pay for any damage you cause to your lodge during your stay.
Can we help?
31. Feedback. We do all we can to make sure you enjoy your holiday but sometimes things may go wrong. If this happens, please tell the office/management straight away and we will try and put things right.
If you need to make a change or cancel your booking
32. Alterations to your booking. Once there is a contract, if you need to make changes to your confirmed booking, you must contact us as soon as possible using the contact form online at https://www.nuddockwoodlake.co.uk/contact/ or calling us on 07748 186235. Whilst we will do our best to assist, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change.
Changes more than 8 weeks prior to the start date. If we can accommodate your change request and it is received 8 weeks or more prior to your start date, there will be an amendment charge to cover our administration costs plus any change in price if applicable (e.g. if you change dates or accommodation) which you will need to pay us. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking, we will treat this as a cancellation by you and a cancellation fee may be payable in accordance with clause 34 below.
Changes less than 8 weeks prior to the start date. We do not accept any major changes to bookings within 8 weeks to your start date. If your requested change can be accommodated, your confirmed booking will be treated as cancelled in accordance with clause 34 and a new booking made on the current pricing structure.
Adding/removing extras. Holiday extras (priority arrivals, pets, etc.) can be added or removed, subject to availability, any time, up until 24 hours prior to arrival date. If you add an extra within 8 weeks of your start date, you will need to pay for these in full at the time of booking.
33. Cancelling your booking. If you decide to cancel your confirmed booking, please contact us as soon as possible by calling us on 07748 186235. The date that you contact us is the date of the cancellation.
Should one or more members of your party cancel, it may increase the per person holiday price of those remaining on the booking and you will be liable to pay this increase.
Because we incur costs in cancelling your booking, if you do not have cancellation cover protection, you will have to pay cancellation charges as follows:
Number of days prior to arrival that cancellation notification is receivedCancellation Charge as a % of total holiday valueMore than 70 DaysFull standard deposit (if you have paid a discounted deposit you will also need to pay an amount up to the standard deposit) plus administration fee70-57 days60%56-29 days80%28 days or less100%
Where possible, we will deduct the cancellation charge(s) from any monies you have already paid to us. Insurance premiums for holiday insurance, cover costs and administration fees are non-refundable in any event.
If you have bought holiday cancellation cover you will be covered for more of the cancellation charges depending on when you cancel and the reasons for cancelling. Full details of our holiday cancellation cover are on our website.
Except where you have booked a Package, this clause 34 outlines the rights you have if you wish to cancel your booking. Please note that there is no automatic statutory right of cancellation under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (Directive 2011/83/EU).
Where you have booked a Package with us, additional terms apply. Please see clause 49 for further information.
34. Cancellation by us. Very occasionally, we may have to cancel your booking. If we have to do so we will tell you as soon as possible and you can choose either to have a full refund, or accept any alternative arrangements offered to you (we’ll give you a refund of the price difference if the alternative is less expensive than the one you booked). We will have no further liability to you for this.
Other important information
35. Website accuracy. We have taken all care to make sure that our website is up to date. However, we can’t accept responsibility for any errors or the results of these. Photographs of accommodation are examples only and furnishings, layout, decoration and views may vary. We are not responsible to you for unforeseen events or matters over which we have no control
36. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us when you booked your holiday.
Our responsibility for any foreseeable loss or damage suffered by you which is caused by us is limited to the cost of your holiday (less any insurance premium), except in the case of death or personal injury. We don’t operate the local attractions which are not on site or act as an agent for these, and so we are not liable for any damage or loss you may suffer when buying tickets or visiting the attraction. We are only responsible to you for the services we have agreed to provide to you, as included on your booking confirmation. We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our agreement or where they are not advertised in our brochure or website. Your statutory rights are not affected by anything in these terms and conditions.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services we’ve agreed to provide to you.
We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any loss or damage suffered by you if it results from:
the acts and/or omissions of the person affected; or
the acts and/or omissions of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services we’ve agreed to provide to you; or
Events Beyond our Control (see clause 38).
You must notify us of any complaint or claim you have in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in clause 32.
We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
37. Events beyond our control. Except where otherwise expressly stated in these terms, we are not responsible for events beyond our control. This means any event beyond our or our suppliers’ control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include war and acts of terrorism (and threat of these), civil war, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute and labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or our supplier’s control.
39. Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the contract in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the contract in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the contract in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
40. Changes to terms. Anderson Leisure Group may change these terms from time to time. If we do so then we will notify you by email and posting the new terms on our website
41. How to contact us. If you need to contact us please call our team on 07748 186235 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.